It’s Spring Break time and maybe you’ve got some really fabulous plans, like swimming and sunning on the beaches of Florida or skiing on the slopes of Nevada.
If you don’t have exciting travel plans, that doesn’t mean you can’t have a fun and relaxing, Spring Break. Consider taking a “staycation” this year! Or a “holistay,” if you prefer.
Our favorite staycation things to do:
- Pretend to be a tourist in your own home town. Visit parks, museums, and whatever other local attraction you can find. You might be surprised to learn what’s right under your nose.
- Plan a week full of “theme” days. Consider having a day full of game playing followed by a day full of movie watching. Devote a day to doing arts and crafts or a day of pretending to be a photographer with whatever camera you can get your hands on.
- Plan a fun menu for the week and set a festive table every day.
- Find something totally new to do and try it. Never been roller skating? Have a skate day. Don’t know how to juggle, give it a whirl! Find new things, things you’ve never tried, and give them a whirl.
- Volunteer. If you’ve got a week off with “nothing” to do, consider looking for organizations that could use some help. Volunteer at an animal shelter, or at a soup kitchen, or at a retirement home . . . offer up the wonder that is you, and all of your talents, to help others. It’s a great way to spend a Spring Break staycation.
Whatever you do, we hope you have a wonderful – and safe – Spring Break!